Annual Report 2015-16
Annual Report 2015-16
PREPARED BY: Dr.RAJU.G
Assistant Professor and
Head, Department of Education
NAAC Joint coordinator,
Coordinator of IQAC,
And Convener of Annual Report Committee
KITTEL ARTS COLLEGE, DHARWAD
ANNUAL REPORT OF 2015-2016
Respected President of the function Dr.H.B Neelgund sir, In charge Principal of our college, Chief Guest of the Day Prof.C.H.Patil sir, Vice Chancellor of Law University, Dharwad, Our Guest of honor Prof.Daniel Praveenkumar sir, In charge Principal of Kittel Arts and Commerce PU College and Dr.Rekha.M.Jogul Madam, Convener of SRC. Other dignitaries on the dias, esteemed Colleagues, members of the College Management Committee, Heads of various institutions, parents, invitees, well-wishers, Media Persons and my dear students. I deem it my privilege to place before you a brief report of the activities of the academic year 2015-16 of our College.
KITTEL ARTS COLLEGE was born on July, 1st 1988 as a result of the bifurcation of the erstwhile Kittel College into Kittel Arts College and Kittel Science College. The College is managed by Karnataka Northern Diocese, Church of South India, Basel Mission Higher Education Centre, Dharwad and Affiliated to Karnatak University, Dharwad. Bishop Rt.Rev.R.J.Niranjan is the President of the BMHEC. The Basel Mission Higher Education Centre is registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 at assistant Charity Commissioner’s Office at Belguam as a Trust E-39(DWD).The institution named after the celebrated Kannada Savant and lexicographer Rev.Dr.Ferdinand Kittel (1832-1903), who came to India as a missionary in 1853, deputed by Basel Mission, Germany. He soon gained mastery over the South Indian languages and compiled the voluminous and important Kannada-Kannada-English dictionary (1894).His life and teaching set an example to the young students to emulate. The College is situated on the State Highway 73 erstwhile known as Poona-Bangalore National Highway No-04 and is within the walking distance from any part of the city and accessible to all the necessary facilities. The institution aims at imparting a sound learning and liberal education. It provides instruction in arts faculty at the degree level leading to BA Degree. As suggested by the NAAC Peer Team during 2007 cycle-I DRAFT REPORT ON REASSESSMENT and ACCREDITATION, in 2008 Master degree Programme was introduced in Kannada literature. The College aims at Scholarship, Fellowship and Leadership. Its cardinal desire is to develop an all round personality of the young people with spirit of dedication for service. Hence our motto is “NOT TO BE SERVED; BUT TO SERVE”.
The quality of an educational institution is measured in terms of the quality staff members who carve the destiny of the students. In our college 15 Permanent, 10 Part-time teaching staff and 05 administrative staff always work hand in hand for the welfare of the institution.10 teaching faculties earned Ph.D. Degree of our own subject.
The present strength stands at 511. The number of boys is 269 as against 242 girls.
The quality of any Educational Institution is measured mainly by the academic excellence of the students. Our college has been striving hard to maintain better academic standards throughout the academic year. For the academic year 2014-15 over all passing percentage is 97.10%. We had 163 Distinctions, 38 First Class. Percentage of Male Students 96.34% and Percentage of Female Students 97%
Students’ Representative Council
The Student Representative Council Convener Dr.Rekha.M.Jogul Head, Department of Kannada along with two student representatives from each Society formed the Student Council on merit and Talent basis for the year 2015-16. Kum.Priya Sannakki was selected as a Special Secretary of the college. The following students were selected as the secretaries of the Students’ Council, Details of the secretaries furnished below.
Name of the Society
Kum. Abdul Rahem Godiyal
Kum. Basavaraj Madli
Kum. Vijayalaxmi s
Kum. Sumitra Angadi
Out rich Society
Kum. Nagaraj Wadrale
Kum. Vekatapati Naik
Kum. Sadashiv Hudedar
Kum. Savita N Huballi
Sr. Sheela Wagh
Kum. Nirmala Sajjanavar
The Council conducted the following programmes for the year 2015-2016 Students’ Council for the academic year 2015-16 was inaugurated on 8-09-2015.On the occasion Student representatives and convener of various Societies took the oath.
1. Induction Programme:
The college conducted induction program on 8th August for the fresher’s. Rev S.S.Sakkari was the chief guest of the function. In charge Principal Dr.H.B.Neelgund Presided over the function. All the conveners of various societies, NSS, NCC and Heads of Respective Departments were introduced that which types of facilities available in the college campus and functions of the each society to the fresher.
2. Teachers Day was celebrated under the council on 8-9-2015
3. Celebration of Christmas in the college on 23rd December 2015. Rev. Derick Christopher, In-charge Presbyter of Hebic memorial Church, Dharwad inaugurated the festival.
4. Fun week conducted in the college from 14-3-2016 to 19-3-2016.All the Students of our college day wise grandly celebrated the Fancy week. Group Day, Fancy Day, Black and white Day, Professional Day, Ethical Day and Eco Day were highlight of the fun week
Achievement of the Faculties:
Department of Kannada
1. Worked as a Resource Person
§ Worked as a Resource Person in the Two days National Seminar organized by Nehru College, Hubli on 22 and 23rd August 2015.Topic of the lecture “Adunikottar Kannad Mahila Sahitya : Hosa Nelegala Shodha”
§ Karnatak University Kanaka Adyana Peeth and Government Pre-University College, Tadas jointly organized Pracharopanyasa male-2 Kanaka- Meerabai Comparative study on 10.12.2015.
§ Attended as a Chief Guest in the students self writing poem & reading competition programmes jointly organized by Kannada Pustaka Pradhikar, Bangalore and Shri Mritunjaya College on 02.03.2016.
2. Worked as BOE Member
Worked as a BOE Member of Kannada Subject Karnatak University, Dharwad for the year2015-2016
3. Attended and Paper presented in the Seminars
§ Participated and presented a paper entitled “Kannada Adyapakar Parishatta ‘Janapad Khetrad Hosa Savalugalu” in the State level seminar Organized by Karnatak College, Dharwad. On 15.06.2015.
§ Participated and presented the paper entitled “Vai Dehi Kavanagalalli Taletalantargal Sansikhe”.in the UGC sponsored Two days National Seminar held at Nehru College, Hubli on 22 & 23rd August 2015
§ National level seminar, Dharwad Sahitya Sambhrama – 2016. 22, 23,24th January 2016.
§ Participated and presented the paper entitled “Ta Ra Su Hintiragi Noodidag Atmakateyalli Samagik Sangharsha” in the UGC sponsored International Hindi / Kannada Seminar organized by Kadasiddeshwar College, Hubli on28,29th March 2016
4. Submitted Minor Research Project :
§ Submitted UGC sponsored Minor Research Project, entitled “District Traditions and Rituals of women Project Dharwad” on 10th November 2015.
5. Membership of Professional Organization :
. Life member of Kavikashi Sangha
. Life member of Kannada Adyapakar Sangha
. Life member of kannada Sahitya Parishat.
. Life member of Folklore Society of South Indian Languages.
. Life member of Hosatu Patrike.
. Life member of Karnataka Vidyavartaka Sangha Dharwad.
. Life member of Gubbachchi Gudu Patrike.
. Life member of Avishkar Film Society
6. Details of Publications:
Ø U.R. Ananthmurthy Kadambarigalalli Sangharsh ‘ Ooru Kandante’
Ø Anantamurthy Samsarangranth Tirthhalli.
Ø Vaidehi Kavanagalli Taletalantar Samikhe, Nehru College, Hubli.
Ø Kanaka – meerabai comparative study Kanakapeeth, Karnatak
Ø ‘Vachana Sahitya Vishishta Bhandar’ Arivina Jolige Virakta Prakashan
Tammadihalli Samagika Sangharsha, Kadasiddeshwar College, Hubli.
Ø Ta. Ra. Su. Hintirugi Noodidaga Atmakateyelli samagika sangharsha,
Kadasiddeshwar College, Hubballi
1. Attended and Paper presented in the Seminars
Ø Participated in the UGC sponsored Two days National level Seminar organized by Guru Tontadacharya Mahavidyalaya Gadag entitled “Pracheena Kannada loukika shastra sahitya ondu avalokana” on 6th and 7th March 2015
Ø Participated in the One day State level Seminar held at Karnatak Arts College, Dharwad entitled “Janapada Kshetrada Hosa Savalugalu” on 15th June 2015
Department of English
Ø Participated in the seminar on “Syllabus framing” held in JSS College Dharwad.
Ø Participated in the UGC Sponsored seminar held in Women’s College, Hubli
Department of Hindi
Ø Participated in the National Level Seminar held at Gudeleppa Hallikeri College,Haveri on 15th and 16th October 2015
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Ikkisavi Sadi Ki Kahaniyon Mein Uttaadhunikata.” in the National Level Seminar held at Karnatak University,Dharwad on 26th and 27th February 2016
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Hindi Atmakatha Kal.Aur,Aaj” in the Inter National Level Seminar held at Kadasiddeshwar Arts College,Hubli on 28th and 29th March 2016
Ø Nominated as a BOS Member of Hindi subject in the Government First grade college(Autonomous) ,Bellary
Ø Completed and submitted one UGC MRP entitled ”Sathotari Hindi Kavayitriyon ke Kavya mein Stree vimarsh”
Ø Working as a Secretary of Karnatak University Hindi Teacher Association
Ø Working as a Treasurer of Karnatak University Hindi Alumni Association
Ø Visited to Department of Hindi, Shivaji University Kolhapur, Goa University Goa. for Academic Excellence.
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Dr.Sumangala Mammigatti Ka Hindi Ko Den.” in the National Level Seminar held at Gudeleppa Hallikeri College,Haveri on 15th and 16th October 2015.
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Ikkisavi Sadi Ki Kahaniyon Mein Uttaradhunikata.” in the National Level Seminar held at Karnatak University,Dharwad on 26th and 27th February 2016
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Mannu Bhandari “Ka Ek Kahani Yaha,bhi Mein Vyakta Parivarik Sangharsh.” in the Inter National Level Seminar held at Kadasiddeshwar Arts College,Hubli on 28th and 29th March 2015
Department of Sociology
Ø Participated in the One Day Special Workshop entitled “The role of Sociology in 21st Century on 23-6-2015. organized by Karnatak Arts College, Dharwad
Department of Economics
1. Working as NAAC Coordinator and Convener of Faculty Development Cell
Ø Currently working as NAAC Steering Committee Coordinator and Convener of Faculty Development Cell in the College
2. Submitted Miner Research Project
Ø Successfully completed Minor research project submitted by UGC worth Rs -65000 and submitted the project work thesis in the month of November 2015
3. Attended Workshop
Ø Attended District level workshop organized by AIACHE and Kittel Science college, Dharwad in September2015
4. Research Papers presented in Seminars and Conference (06)
A. International Conference
Ø Paper presented at International Conference organized by P.G.Department of Business Administration Rani Chennamma University Belagavi in February 2015.
Ø Paper presented at International Conference organized by University College, Mangalore university Mangalore in February 2015
B. National Conference
Ø Paper presented at National Conference organized by CSI College of Commerce, Dharwad in January 2016
Ø Paper presented at National Conference organized by Shivaji University Kolhapur in January 2016
Ø Paper presented at National Conference organized by SRJV Arts and Commerce college Shiggaon in July 2015
4. Research Paper Published (03)
Ø Title of the Paper ”The role of SHGs and Micro finance in Economic empowerment of Women-A Case Study of Haveri Disrtrict in Karnataka” Publisd in International Journal of Social and Economic Journal online ISSN 2249-6270 Published in January 2016
Ø Title of the Paper ” Impact of SHG and Micro finance on Social Empowerment of Women-A Case study of Haveri District in Karnataka published in Asian Journal of Development Matters(Print) in issue December 2015 ISSN 0973-9629
Ø Paper published in edited book titled” Green Banking for Green industry and Green Economy in February 2016 ISBN 978-93-84935-71-9 Titled of the paper “Green Banking-Conceptual Dimensions and Implication Strategies”
5. Compilation Work
Ø Compiled English to Kannada Banking pocket Dictionary in Coordination with Department of Kannada. Dictionary released 07th April 2016
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “ Major Changes in the India Banking Sector Since 1991Reforms” in the One day National Level Seminar Organized Jointly by CSI College of Commerce, Dharwad and Karnatak University Commerce Teacher Association, Dharwad , on 22th January 2016
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Issues,Challenges and Status of Women Empowerment in India” in the One day National Level Seminar Organized Jointly by CSI College of Commerce, Dharwad and Karnatak University’s Economics Teachers Forum, Dharwad , on 22nd January 2016
Ø Participated as a Rapporteur of the technical session in the One day National Level Seminar Organized Jointly by CSI College of Commerce, Dharwad and Karnatak University Commerce Teachers Forum, Dharwad , on 22nd January 2016
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Food Security:Its Issues and Challenges” in the fourth International UGIT Conference Organized by the Department of Geography, University College and Mangalore on 16th and 17th February 2016.
Ø Participated and presented the paper entitled “Performance of Capital Market in India: Its Issues and Challenges”in the One day National Level Seminar by SRJV Arts and Commerce College, Shiggaon, on 21st July 2015
Ø Attended 21 days UGC Sponsored Refresher Course held at Human Resource Development Centre Karnatak University, Dharwad from 17th November 2015 to 7th December 2015
Ø Participated as a NSS Programme Officer in the National Integration Camp from 29th December2015 to 4th January 2016.Organized by National Service Scheme Karnatak University,Dharwad.
Ø Participated as a NSS Programme Officer in the Inter-State Youth Exchange and Home Stay Programme from 09th October 2015 to 18th October 2016.Organized by Karnatak Arts College ,Dharwad
Ø Working as a NSS Programe Officer Since 2015 to till date.
Department of Education
1. Research Articles Published in the National and International Research Journal
Ø Published Research article en titled “Study on Creative Thinking Ability in Relation to Achievement Motivation and Socio-Economic Status of High and Low Achievers of VIIIth Standard Students ” in the Inter-national Indexed, Refereed, Interdisciplinary Monthly Research Journal “Research analysis and Evaluation” V.No.VI issue 66-67 Mar-Apr-2015 Page No44-46 ISSN 0975-3486 Impact Factor-4279(SJIF)
Ø Published Research article entitled “Study on Creative Thinking Ability in Relation to Intelligence and Socio-Economic Status of High and Low Achievers of VIIIth Standard Students ” in the Inter-national Indexed, Refereed, Interdisciplinary Monthly Research Journal “Shodh Samiksha aur Mulyankan ” V.No.VII issue 74-75 Mar-Apr-2015 Page No13-16 ISSN 0974-2832 Impact Factor-100064(UIF)
Ø Presented Research article en titled “Knowledge Society and Education” in the Inter-national Interdisciplinary Conference held at Smt. Radhikatai Pandav Engineering College,Nagpur on 6th September 2015.Paper published in NIRMIK-ISSN NO.2320-2033
2. Working as a Research Guide
Ø Successfully guided to four research students of DBHPS. Three students submitted their thesis for Doctorate Award
3. Books Published
Ø Published Ph.D. thesis en titled “An effect of some training programmes on the Emotional Intelligence of teacher trainees of DIET”. Financial assistance given by UGC towards publication 2015-2016 through Karnataka University, Dharwad
Ø Published Book entitled “Advanced Educational Psychology” for Degree, B.Ed. and M.Ed. students. Published by Vidyanidhi Prakashan Gadag ISBN 978-81-910849-00-06.
4. Award Received
Ø Received Mahathma Fule Talent Research National Award 2015 from Mahathma Fule Academy Nagpur on 6th September 2015 for outstanding contribution in the field of literature and Social work.
5. Evaluated M.Phil. and Ph.D. Thesis.
Ø Evaluated 04 Ph.D. and 01 M.Phil. Thesis of DBHPS, Madras
6. Membership of Professional Organization
i. Member of Karnatak University College Teacher Association
ii. Working as President of Karnatak University College Education Teacher Association
7. Working as a NAAC Joint Coordinator and Coordinator of IQAC
Ø Currently working as NAAC Steering Committee Joint Coordinator
and Coordinator of IQAC
8. Organized Workshop
Ø Organized One Day workshop entitled “Integrated B.Ed. Course” for staff On 9-9-2015 under the banner of IQAC
Department of History
1. Attended One Day Workshop on “Historical Perspectives of Tribal Studies” held at Karnataka Arts College, Dharwad on 14th June 2015 organized by Karnatak University College History Teachers Association,
2. Attended Two Day Workshop on “Jainism In Karnataka: Basadies, Inscriptions, Arts And Manuscripts” held at Shravanbelagola, District Hassan, Karnataka form 11th September 2015 to 13th September 2015 organized by Karnatak University College History Teachers Association, Shravanbelagola and Digamber Jain Matha Institutions Committee Trust and department of Archaeology Museum and Heritage Mysore
3. Attended Two Day National Conference on “Dimensions of Freedom Movement in South India with Special Reference to Mahatma Gandhi”:1920-1947” held Government First Grade College, Alnavar 11thand 12th March 2016.Goverment First Grade College Alnavar.
4. Attended Two Day National Seminar on “Inscriptions” held at Kulapurohit Alur Venkatrao Bhavan, organized by Epigraphy society and Place name, in the month of November 2015.
Department of Library & Information Centre
i. Participated as a resource person in workshop organized by Public Library Government of Karnataka, Bangalore and City Library, Gadag for Rural/City Librarians.
v Department of Kannada
- Inauguration of “Coaching Classes in Kannada” to the students of our college, who were appearing for the competitive exam, was conducted on 25-7-2015 where Dr. C.H Shastri was the president of the function. Classes were conducted every Saturday for 3 months
- One day training to staff and students of the department regarding “Usage of Language Lab” was conducted on 04-08-2015
- Audio Visual presentation to 1ST Sem students was organized based on the text prescribed on 28-08-2015.
- Obituary function organized in the memory of Late. Dr. M.M.Kalburgi on 31-08-2015
- 60th Kannada Rajyotsava function organized on 01-11-2015
- On 20-01-02016 a programme was organized for II Semester students, on “Life and Books of Rev.Kittel”.
- On 30-01-2016 ‘”Janapada Siri Sougandha”programme was organized. Dr. Ramu.Moolagi was the chief guest.
- On 12-2-2016 ,a film show was organized in collaboration with “Avishkar Film Society”, where in International Award winning film “Beru” was screened and interaction with Film team was also organized.
- On 07-04-2016, A multidisciplinary programme was hosted by the department in association with History, and Economics departments. Wall magazine was put up along with brief write up of Kannada Authors was exhibited. 03 books viz.”Chembalakina Kavi,””Dharwad Darshana Kaipidi”,and “English-Kannada Banking Pocket Dictionary” were released.
v Department of English
The Department of English conducted Seminars and Tutorials apart from these,
i. A special lecture on the topic”The Widening Horizons in English Language Teaching” was arranged on 12th of March 2016. Dr.Shataj Begum, Associate Professor, Karnatak University College of Education Dharwad delivered a lecture on the topic.
ii. The students of our department participated in the “Book Talk” Competition held in J.G. College of Commerce Hubli
v Department of Hindi
Ø To know your Library? A Special Programme;
A special visiting programme was conducted on 25-7-2015. The students of our department visited to library and collected thorough knowledge about Automation, Bar coding system, N-List, INFLIBNET E-Book, Journals, Kindle, Literature Book etc.
Ø Conducted various competition for students like, Essay writing, Swa Rachita Kavya vachana and Speech competition.
Ø Celebrations of Hindi Day:
A special lecture programme organized on 30-09-2015 in the department of Hindi on account of Hindi Day celebration. Shri Vijayakumar Lande- Rajbhasha Superintendent, south west Railway Hubli Zone delivered the lecture on Hindi articles in constitution and Employment.
Ø A Audio Visual programme was conducted entitled “ Kitane prashn Karoon, Khandkavya and Premchands famous short story” kafan on 30-09-2015 in the programme Hall
Ø The students of our department participated in the Inter-collegiate Devotional Song competition held at Mahanta College Hubli and secured II place in the competition.
Ø Miss Afreen Eresime was taken highest marks in optional Hindi during the last semester KUD examination
v Department of Urdu
- Department of Urdu conducted Seminar for students. Miss Hinakausar, Peezade gave a seminar on “The great poet , “Allama Iqba”l .
- Our department student Miss Tahseen.A.Nadaf participated in the Essay writing competition held at Karnatak University, Dharwad on 20th February 2016 and Secured third place with Cash Prize.
v Department of Economics
During the Academic year2015-16, many curricular and co-curricular activities were conducted in the department. Seminars, Group discussion, Oral test are regular features of the department.
i. Students were taken to “Krishi-Mela 2015”Organized by Agricultural University,Dharwad during the month of September ,2015.Students had the experience of viewing technology up gradation in agriculture, New seeds available , New breeds of cattle, New machines etc
ii. Ten students participated in the intercollegiate Economics competition organized by Govt college, Hubli,in January 2016
iii. As part of the Industrial visit study project, this year 50 students and two staff members visited” Shri Renuka sugars Ltd” based at Munavalli, and also “Drinking water purification plant”at Amminabhavi,in February 2016
iv. Live telecast and analysis of the central budget was organized in collaboration with library department in which 80 students participated in February 2016
v. A pocket dictionary of Banking terms English to Kannada was
prepared, printed and released in co –ordination with department of
kannada on 07-04-2016
vi. Department valedictory function was organized on 16-04-2016, where in farewell for final year students was given and students presented a big wall clock to the staff room.
v Department of History
i. Conducted a study tour to South Indian states specially Tamilnadu and carried a project work on “historical sites and their impact and influence on development of tourism sector”. During the course of project work Visited Mysore, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Madurai, Tiruchanapally, Tanjavuru, Pondicherry, and Mahabalipuram from 14th February 2016 to 20th February 2016.
ii. As per letter issued by the Joint director Collegiate education, Dharwad The department of history organized a movie programme, in this a movie on “Quit India Movement” shown to the students on 1st April 2016.
iii. In association with the Department of Kannada a Historical Tourist Guide released on 7th of April 2016
v Department of Education
The Department of Education conducted Number of curricular, co-curricular and -Extra co-curricular activities during the year 2015-2016. Bridge Course, Student Seminars, Group Discussion Tutorial class, Diagnostic Test and Remedial Instruction, Subject related Quiz Competition are regular features of the department. Apart from these,
i. A special Guest lecture on “Guidance for students “was organized in the department on 9-3-2016 Prof. Parshwanath Director PACE delivered lecture on the topic.
ii. Literacy Programme: Students of second semester was conducted a special project en titled “Literacy Programme”. 68 uneducated people of various villages were benefited from this programme.
iii. Information Processing: A Project on “How Human Mind Worked as a Computer Roll” conducted by Fourth semester students under the guidance of Dr. Raju.G
iv. A Special face to face interaction programme entitled “How to face the competitive Exams”was conducted on 15-10-2015 in the programmehall.Prof.Akhilkumar.R.Halagatti,DirectorTime,Hubli- Dharwad, interacted with students
v. Video clip programme: A special Video clip programme conducted on 13- 4-2016 in the Worship Hall. How Geographical factors influencing on Social Changes is summary of the program.
Department of Geography
· On 30-09-2015 ,Students were taken to “Krishi-Mela 2015”Organized by Agricultural University, Dharwad .Students had the experience of different field of agriculture like Horticulture, Bee keeping, poultry farming etc
- Students of B.A I Semester were taken to Dharwad Regional Science Centre On 14-10—2015 .The students came to know the different aspect of science and got clear picture about the world of science by watching 3D picture.
- As part of the filed visit study, this year VI semester students and staff member visited Gadag District and conducted field work entitled “Important tourist places of Gadag District”.
· During the Academic year 2015-16, many curricular and co –curricular activities were conducted in the department. seminars , group discussion , oral test and practical’s are regular features of the department
· Students were taken to Pepsi Factory September 2015 as part of Industrial Visit study project ,for Organizational Behavior this year 12 students and two staff members visited Pepsi Factory September 2015
Activities Report of Societies
v Fine Arts Society:
The students of Fine Arts society have participated in the Inter-collegiate Elocution and Literature Quiz competition held at Anjuman Arts Science and Commerce College, Dharwad. Kum.Basavarajeshwari.C.P, Kum .Johnson Birji and Abdul Rahim Godiyal secured consolation prize.
The students also participated in the Unifest conducted by the Karnatak University Dharwad at J.G College of Commerce Hubli and at the Karnatak University campus, Dharwad. Kum.Pragati Suryavanshi Secured third place in Western Solo, Sr.Sheela Wagh and team won the second place in Western Group song, Kum. Somanath Kannolli got first place in Debate,Kum. Tanuja Domber Secured third place in Poster making and Calvin.g.Michael won second prize in Elocution
v Debate Society:
The Debate Society aims at bringing out the hidden talents of the students and encourages them to participate in various Literature and cultural competitions. During the Academic year 2015-16, many activities were conducted in the Debate Society under the guidance of Principal and Convener of Dr.Raju.G. The student secretaries’ are Mr.Basavaraj Madli and Abdhul Rahem Godiyal. Elocution, Debate, Quiz competitions are regular features of the society.
Ø Our society conducted Elocution Competition on14-10-2015-in the seminar Hall. Students of B.A.II, IV and VI Semester were benefited from this Competition.
Ø Inter-collegiate Debate competition was conducted on 8-2-2016 in the Worship Hall. The students of various college participated in this competition. Rev.S.S.Sakkari Presbyter In charge Hebic Memorial Church, Dharwad, Inaugurated the competition. Principal Dr. H.B.Neelgund Presided over the function. The following students bagged the prizes
i. Miss.Deepa.Bhajantri KCD Science college, Dharwad secured First place
ii. Miss.Sumalata Kadangoudar S J MVS Arts and Science college for Women’s Hubli secured Second place
iii. Miss. Laxmi .K.Belagavi KNVV Arts and Commerce college,Kittur secured Third place
iv. Miss. Vanishree Badiger S J MVS Arts and Commerce college for Women’s Hubli got Consolation Prize
v. Miss Sai Sneha Karnatak Science College, Dharwad got Consolation Prize.Miss.Priyanka.B.H, Student of our Society participated in the Inter-collegiate Debate Competition organized by KNNVS College of Arts and Commerce Kittur and secured consolation prize.
v Literature Society: The main Aim of the Society to give expressions to literary talents and opportunities to the students. Society has organized the following competitions for students
Ø Conducted “Essay Writing and Poetry Writing’ Competitions entitled 1.”Mahadayi Kalasa Banduri Plan and 2.Solutions for Farmers Suicide on 28th September 2015 for Students. The Competition was conducted in English, Kannada, Hindi and Urdu Language.
Ø Conducted poetry reading competition entitled “Nature and Mother land2015 for Students.
v Sports Society:
“Sound body gives Sound Mind”
Sports Society conducted number of sports activities during the year 2015-2016. List of the activities are furnished below
- Health Awareness and Health Checkup
A Special Health Awareness and Health Checkup Programee were conducted in the Worship Hall. Dr Umesh Hallikeri Doctor,Dharwad Diagnosed the Students health and gave suitable Suggestions and Treatment. All the Students of our college are benefitted by the programme
- Kabbadi Matches
Interclass Kabbadi Tournament was conducted on 15th and 16th January in the college campus. Students of Fourth Semester won the trophy and Second Semester students received runner-up Prize
- Volleyball Tournament
Interclass Volleyball Tournament was conducted on 16th and 17th January in the college campus. Students of Fourth Semester won the trophy and Second Semester students received runner-up Prize
- Cricket Tournament
Interclass Cricket Tournament was conducted From 01st February 2016 to 06th February 2016 in the college campus. Students of Fourth Semester won the trophy and Second Semester students received runner-up Prize
- Annual Sports Meet 2015-2016
Annual Sports meet was conducted on 09-04-2016 in the University of Agriculture Science,Dharwad. Dr.H.B.Neelgund In-charge Principal of our college inaugurated the Sports meet. All the faculties and Students were present in this occasion.
v Department of Library & Information Centre
The college library is a precious storehouse of rare volumes. The “Kittel Bandar” which is a collection of the literary works of Rev. Ferdinand Kittel is the most erudite part of the library. This year, the library has purchased books under the following section:-
College section has 262 books worth Rs. 32,286/- the UGC section has 20 books worth Rs. 5,982/- and donated books are 02 in number. That is, a total number of 284 books have been added to the library this year. The total number of books in the library is 27,879. In addition to this, there are books for competitive examination (KAS and IAS). The library is digitalized and is equipped with the appropriate software to provide fast and efficient services Internet service and e-browsing facility is provided to the students and staff free of cost.
Besides, the library procures 20 periodicals, 11 journals out of which 05 are international journals. The library has also subscribed to INFLIBNET (N-List) in which 1, 35,000 e-books and 6,000 e-journals are made available. The library is air conditioned and LCD TV facility is also available. This is used to project informative programs to the students. The smart card technology has been adopted which facilitates fast and efficient service to students and faculty.
The following programs were conducted
I. On 20-7-2015, in collaboration with Karnataka Vidyavardhak Sangh & the library department organized a program on “Job opportunities for the youth through competitive examinations”.
ii. On 25-7-2015 and 11-8-2015 the departments of Hindi and English respectively, along with the library department conducted a “Library Awareness Program for freshers.”
iii. On 7-10-2015 a “User Orientation Program” was organized with Prof. B. D. Kumber, Library and Information Science, K.U.D. , as the resource person
v. On 1-2-2016 “ Pusthaka Sanskriti Abhiyan ” was organized with Dr. S. L. Kadadevarmath as the chief guest who delivered a lecture and distributed the book entitled “ Yashsina Rahasya ”at a nominal price.
vi. On 29-2-2016 and 18-3-2016 the library along with the Dept. of Economics screened the direct relay of the 2016-17 Central and State Government Budget respectively.
vii. On 22-3-2016, a discussion program on competitive examination was or ganized Shri. Amaresh Kumber was the resource person.
v Career Portal Wing
“Education is not preparation for life, Education is Life itself”.
Career Portal one of the dynamic wing in our college. During the year 2015-2016 organized varieties of students benefited programmes.
i. A Special face to face interaction programme entitled “How to face the competitive Exams” conducted on 11-2-2016 in the programme Hall.Prof. Parshwanath, Director of PACE Interacted with students. All the students benefited from the programme.
ii. On 20-7-2015, in collaboration with Karnataka Vidyavardhak Sangh, the library department and Career Portal wing jointly organized a program on “Job opportunities for the youth through competitive examinations”.
v Alumni and Parent Teacher Association:
The Parent –Teacher and Alumni members interface programmes was conducted on 1st August 2015 and 10Tt April 2016. The session was addressed by Dr H.B.Neelgund In charge Principal of our college. The sessions were highly informative creating a positive impact on both Parents and Professors. The following office bearers were selected for the year 2015-16, and 2016-2017
1. Dr.V.I.Shaikh – Convener
2. Dr.H.B.Neelgund – President
3. Dr.Suryavanshi (JSS College of Education,Dharwad) – Secretary
On 10th April 2016, the Parents of B.A II, IV and VI Semester students met their respective Professors. Parents had a chance to interact with the Professors regarding the progress of their children.
v National Service Scheme Unit
The NSS Unit has 100 Volunteers for the year 2015-16. The students are selected as per their interest and talent. During the year Dr. S.B.Nyamati Assistant Professor in Economics took the charge as NSS Officer. The aims of NSS are to develop the potential strength, wisdom, Idealism and enthusiasm of the youth into constructive social welfare. The NSS Import education through social service in creating awareness of unity and tolerance along with the leadership qualities among the volunteers. The motto of our college is
” NOT TO BE SERVED; BUT TO SERVE.”
The activities of the NSS Unit are summarized below.
- The Orientation Programme was conducted in the second week of July 2015. A special tips given to the volunteers for their Personality Development and encouraged them for Social service.
- During the year 2015-16 NSS Unit conducted 30 NSS parades. The parades were conducted in Every week on Saturday and Sunday
- 55 NSS Volunteers of our unit participated in the Vanamahostava programme. The programme was organized jointly by NSS Unit of local colleges on 12th and 13th of July 2015.This programme was Inaugurated by Vice Chancellor Dr. Pramod.B.Gai and Dr. M.N.Joshi. Registrar, was the chief guest. The Officers of Department of Forest Dharwad were present on this occasion.
- On 19th july 2015 a special programme conducted under the title of Swachha Mahavidyalaya Abhiyana in the college campus. All NSS volunteers actively participated in this programme. It was one of the best works undertaken by the Unit.
- On 13th and 14th of August 2015 volunteers of our unit actively involved in the preparation of college ground for celebration of the Independence Day.
- Volunteers participated in the Independence Day celebration function in the college campus on 15th August 2015.
State Youth Exchange and Home Stay Programme jointly organized by our unit and NSS units of local colleges from 09th
October to 18th October 2015.Ninety NSS Volunteers of North
East States participated in the programme. On 15th October 2015
performed cultural events along with our volunteers.
- Dr. S.B.Nyamati NSS Officer of our college participated in the National Integration Camp held at Karnatak University Campus from 29-12-2015 to 04-01-2016.
- A Special Awareness rally conducted on 20th February 2016 in Saidapur area. All the volunteers actively participated in this rally.
- A Special talk on “Military Power of India and Awareness among the youth” delivered by Air Commander Chandru Hawaldar on 08th March 2016. Volunteers benefited this programme
- On 24th and 25th January 2016 Volunteers of our unit undertaken the cleanliness activities in the college campus for celebration of the Republic Day.
- On 26th January 2016 all NSS volunteer participated in the Republic day celebration
- Celebration of National Youth Week under the NSS unit from 12th January 2016 to 19th January 2016 in the college campus and outside of the campus. Conducted Various programmes like Marathon rally,Swachhata Abhiyana,Celebration of Jayanti, Special Lecture,Elocution competition,Essay writing Copetition, Cleanliness etc. In charge Principal Dr. H.B.Neelgund ,PUC In charge Principal Prof. Daniel Praveenkumar members of the staff and NSS Volunteers and Students were present on occasion of celebration of Jayanti.
- Mr. Imamhusen Dharwad, Mr. Venkatapati.M.. Naik, Mr. Mahaveer Nasalapur, Miss.Iramma,Miss Vijayalaxmi. Sisambrimath and Mr. Fakkirappa Halavar volunteers of our unit participated in the National Integration camp. Organized by Karnatak Arts College, Dharwad from 09th to 18th October 2015.
- Three Volunteers of our Unit participated in the National Integration Camp Organized by Alvas College Mudabidari, Mangalore University from 28th January 2016 to 03rd February 2016. Mr Upendra Khot, Mr. Nagaraj Wadrali, Mr.Venkatapati.M.Naik were participated in this camp.
- Our volunteers Miss. Iramma.sMr. Marabasannvar,Miss.Drakshanevva Ganiger, Miss Maheswari.C.K participated in the National Integration Camp. Organized by JSS College Mysore from 25th February 2016 to 02nd March 2016
- From 29th December 2015 to 04th January 2016 Seven Day’s National Integration camp organized by the Karnatak University, Dharwad. Four volunteers of our unit were participated in this camp. They are Mr. Appasab Patil. nMr. Halappa Dalawai, Mr. Somanath Doddamani and Mr .Sadashiv Hudedar
- Mr. Imamhusen Darwad and Miss Shahida Dodamani participated in the State level NSS Camp. Which was organized by K.H.Veerangouda college Maddur
- On 14th April 2016 one day special camp conducted at Morab Village. Awareness rally on Health, Water, Cleanness, Education, Sanitation, and Use of Toilet conducted in the one day camp.
v Special annual camp was organized in the Nigadi village Tq. Dharwad from 21-3-2016 to 27th 03-2016.During the camp various social activities were undertaken. On 21-03-2016 annual camp was inaugurated by trustee of BMHECs Prof. J.S Kuri. Dr. L.T.Nayak was the chief guest and Principal Dr. H.B.Neelgund was President of the function. On 22-3-2016 the special awareness rally relating to cleanness, Health, Education, save water, save forest etc., conducted in all streets in Nigadi. During the rally we used mike and pamphlets and talk on importance of cleanness education, Health, Water, forest and also create the awareness about uses of toilet and used various awareness slogans and also undertake cleaness work in the streets of the village and also motivated, encourage them to ndo social work. It was one of the impressive best effective activities and assumed that it reaches to people in the village.
22-3-2016 onwards NSS Volunteers were undertaken shramadhana work including total cleaning, leveling of primary school ground, cleaning Gram Panchayath park and total area within the compound.Cleaning of sanitations in the main roads and sub-roads. Cleaning of one tank nearby Nigadi village. Development and leveling of kaccha road which connected to agricultural land and planted 25 plants in the School Compound with own cost.
On 23-3-2016 Sharana Baibhava Natya Kala Sangha Dharwad performed drama on UDRI MATEILLA in the evening 7 pm to 9-30 pm.
On 25-03-2016 Special Hasya programme performed by Shri. Mallappa Hongal in the evening 7.30 to 8.30 pm.
Special two lectures conducted in all camp days in the evening i.e. time 4pm to 6pm and also conducted Satsanga i.e time 9-30 pm to 10-30 pm every day, on 21-3-2016 Satsanga Topic “Health is Wealth”
1. On 22-3-2016 topic- timing 4pm to 6pm
· “Our Health our Wealth’ Government Health programme –Resource person Mrs. Rekha Badagi Taluka Health Education officer Dharwad.
· Importance of Sports in Students life –Resource person Prof. Daniel Preveenkumar Incharge Principal Kittel PU College,Dharwad.
· Satsanga Topic “Social and Moral Values.”
2. On 23-3-2015 topics
· Importance of Swachha Bharath Abhiyan- Resource Person Dr.Mulla Assistant Professor Kittel Arts College Dharwad.
- The role of youth in Rural Development Resource Person Dr. Rekha Jogul Associate Professor Kittel Arts College, Dharwad
- Satsanga Topic “Unity in Diversity”.
- On 24-3-2016 topics
- “Climatic Change” its Impacts its resource person Dr. Narayankar Department of Geography Karnatak Science college, Dharwad
· Reduction in underground Water the role of people to preserve the underground water.
· Satsanga Topic Changes in the family system.
4. On 25-3-2016 Topics
· “Spread of diseases by Mosquitoes” Its control Resource Person Mrs. Dr. Vidya.M.Talawar Doctor Nigadi Hospital.
· The role self Helf Group in Women Empowerment Resource person Dr. Kavita Chandgude Associate Professor Kittel Arts College, Dharwad.
· Satsanga programme on Mind and way of thinking of youth.
5. On 26-3-2016 Topics
· The role of Gram Panchayat in Rural Development Resource Person Miss Sudha.b.Ganadala Panchayat Development officer Nigadi
· Namma Grama Nirmala Grama Resource Person Shri. Chandru Pujar Panchayat Development officer Navalgund
· Satsanga Programme on Uses of Mobile its Effects.
v 3/24 NCC COMPANY
1. The NCC Company celebrated 26th January Republic Day flag hoisting ceremony in the college premises.
2. The ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificate Exams held at Hubli and Dharwad, cadets of 3/24 NCC company participated in annual exam for the training year 2014-15.
3. The NCC Annual Day Celebration held at Gandhi Bhavan on 21st June 2015, Col A. P Rai, Commanding Officer 24 Karnataka Battalion Addressed the cadets on this occasion.
4. Thal Sena Camp Selection Camp held at Hubli, 4 SD [Boys] and 7 SW [Girls] of our company participated in the above said Camp.
5. The NCC Annual Day Celebration held at Gandhi Bhavan on 21st June 2015, Col A. P Rai, Commanding Officer 24 Karnataka Battalion Addressed the cadets on this occasion.
6. Annual Training Camp held at Karnataka University, Dharwad from 23rd June to 1st July 2015 30[SD] and 15[SW] participated in the above said camp.
7. The cadet of our company secured first places in throw ball and Cultural competitions.
8. Basic Leadership camp held at Mysore 30th June to 9th July 2015 cadets Praveen Mudakannavar and Rayangouda Khangoudar
9. The Thal Sena Camp-I Camp held at Dharwad from 23rd June to 1st July 2015, 2 SD [Boys] and 3 SW [Girls] of our company participated in the above said Camp.
10. NCC Selection Trails held in the college premises for First year Cadets, the total Numbers of 98 cadets were selected, among them SD 67 and SW 31. Rest of [IInd Year total-40, [SD-30 SW-10], IIIrd Year 22 among them SD-13 SW-09]
11. 15th August Independence Day Celebrated in the College, the Cadets and the College Contingent participated in the District level Parade at R N shetty Stadium Dharwad.
12. Rank Distribution Ceremony held in the college, cadets were decorated with different ranks.
13. The Cadets of our Company participated in the RDC selection held at 24 Karnataka Battalion NCC.
14. Swatcch Bharta abhiyan Programme organized in the college in association with Matapathi Trust, Col. A P Rai. Commanding Officer 24 Karnataka Battalion Address the gathering on 28th September 2015.
15. On 2nd Oct 2014 Gandhi Jayanti was celebrated in our college under Swatch Bharat Abhiyan the campus was cleaned by NCC cadets. The Principal NCC Officer and all the teachers actively participated in the programme.
16. RDC-I Camp Held at Karnatak University from 01st October 2015 to 10thth October 2015. 7 SD and 4 SW Cadets of our Company Participated in the above said Camp.
17. Combined Annual training Camp Held at Karnatak University from 01st October 2015 to 10thth October 2015, 12 SD and 1 SW of our Company Participated in the above said Camp.
18. RDC-II Camp Held at Belgaum from 30th October 2015 8th November 2015. 1 SD and 2 SW Cadet of our Company Participated in the above said Camp.
19. Inter Group Competition and Pre-Republic day Camp selections held at Bangalore, Cadets of our company Gopal Kotri, Padmapriya Patil and Afreenbanu Tahasildar participated in the camps.
20. Advance Leadership Camp was held at 16th November to 27th November 2015 at Bhalukumara, Assam. Cadet Shreedhar Ratnappanavar participated the the above said camp
21. Cadets of our Company Nikhil Juvekar ,Rukmini Devareddy, Nirmala Sajjanar, Basavaraj, Priyanka mayannavar and Laxmi Badiger participated in the Poster making competition and sent the copies to the competition to Belguam Group Head quarters on 18th November 2015.
22. Kannada Rajyotsava Celebrated in the College a Programme was organized by the NCC Cadets on 1st November 2015.
23. All India Trekking Camp held at Balagundi, belguam from 14th December 2015 to 21st December 2015. Basavraj Kamble and Shivarai darur Participated in the above said camp
24. National Integration Camp held at Bapatala, Andra Pradesh from 8th January 2016 to 19th January 2016 four cadets [SD 2, SW 2] of our company i.e. Irfan Shaikh, Nikhil Juvekar, Rukmini Devareddy and Nirmala Sajjanar participated in the camp.
25. Swami Vivekananda Birth Anniversary was celebrated in the college on 12th January 2016.
26. Make in India programme launching by Prime Minister Narendra Modi necessary arrangement were made to watch the live telecast of the programme in the college on 16th January 2016.
27. On 21st and 22nd 2015 Feb ‘C’ certificate examination was conducted in MES Centre PI Line, Gadag Road, Hubli.
28. On 28th Feb and 1st March 2015 ‘B’ certificate examination was conducted at Karnataka University Dharwad.
v IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell):
The internal quality assurance Cell was constituted under the Chairmanship of the Principal in July 2009 .Since then to till date all activities of the college are conducted under the IQAC .Faculty training programmes, Workshops, Seminars. Programmes of cultivating student’s research potentialities, Infrastructural Development of the college, Organizing UGC Sponsored Seminars, Workshops etc. are regular features of the IQAC. All the activities of various departments, societies, NSS and NCC are conducted under the banner of IQAC
Special activities Report of IQAC during year 2015-16
i. One day workshop:
Conducted One day special workshop entitled “Integrated B.Ed. Course” for Staff on 9-9-2015 The objective of the workshop was to enrich the faculty with Knowledge and Moral, spiritual qualities for collaborative and cohesive Work, to empower the staff in imparting the right skills and attitudes to build a successful career and create awareness of integreated course. Dr.N.P.Shapur, Chairman P.G.Department of Education Karnatak University, Dharwad was the Resource person. All the faculties were benefited by the workshop.
ii. Special Interaction Programme for Student:
Conducted Special interaction program entitled” How to face the competitive Exam” for students in the worship hall on 11-1-2016
iii IQAC Coordinator Dr.Raju.G files every year (AQAR)- annual quality assurance report of the College activities with the help of the Coordinator of NAAC and departments which is also posted in the College website: www.kitte artscollege.ac.in. Online AQAR for the year 2014- 2015 was submitted on 24th November 2015 to NAAC.
v Infrastructural Development during the year 2015-2016
The work of the Library II new floor has been completed and it is to be blessed and inaugurated in the month of June. It has 4 rooms. Geography, Psychology Departments and NCC, IQAC rooms and Ladies Room have been renovated. New Audio-Visual room is being getting ready. Drinking water system has been implemented in the campus.
Felicitation to the Retied Staff
1. Sri. Hemanth.Badiger retied on 31-12-2015. He worked as a Peon (administrative Staff ) in the college
v Future Plans:
• Office up gradation and maintenance
• On line Entry in Service courses will be provided to the intending students free of cost
• Enhancing research oriented activities of the students.
ii. Infrastructural Plan
• Enhancement of health facilities
• Initiation of construction of new Digital Classroom.
• Installation of energy saving lights phase by phase
• Availability of Power point lectures in the college website for the students.
• More points of projection for ICT classes.
• Stream lining the online examination for bridge course
• Regularization of online formative assessments and preparing question banks accordingly
Prepared by: DR.RAJU.G
NAAC Joint Coordinator, Coordinator of IQAC
And Convener of Annual Report Committee
Kittel Arts College,Dharwad