NAME OF THE FACULTY : Dr. RAJESH.N.TURMARI
DEPARTMENT : LIBRARY
PROFILE OF THE FACULTY
Present Designation: - Librarian,
Dept. of Library and Information Centre
Kittel Arts College
Dharwad – 580001.
Mobile: - 9449120904.
Participated in Refresher courses and orientation courses
· Participated in Refresher course organised by UGC-Academic staff college, Karnataka University, Dharwad. From 24-06-2010 To14-07-2010.
· Participated in orientation program organised by UGC-Academic staff college, Karnataka University, Dharwad. From 08-06-2013 To05-07-2013.
· Participated in Refresher course organised by UGC-HRDC Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh (U.P). From 07-09-2017 to 27-09-2017.
· Participated in Refresher course organised by UGC-HRDC, Karnataka University, Dharwad. From 19-09-2018 to 9-10-2018.
[A] Education: M.com, MLISc, MPhil, PhD, PGDLAN
[B] Technical: Acquired knowledge of Library software E-lib version 16.2. Multi lingual with bar code technology.
Editor in Indian journal of Library and Information technology ISSN No. 2249-8494 published by Karnataka state college librarians association Bangalore from 2011 to till date.
1) Dr. H. M. Gangadharaiah memorial Best Librarian Award.
2) Rotary Vocational Excellence Award-2016.
Workshop/Seminars Participated = 24
Papers Presented / Published
1) 1.Managing the Library Resources in Kittel Arts College Library, Dharwad: Best Practices published in National Level Conference on “Empowering Libraries for Life Long learning skills” organized by Gulbarga Division College Librarians Association in association with Karnataka State College Librarians Association Bangalore held on 17th and 18th August 2012.
2) 2. Presented papers in the conference on knowledge management and organisation in the digital era (ICK mode 2013) held during 17th to 19th Jan 2013 at sit Tumkur.
3. Performance appraisal of librarians in the first grade college libraries: A study of Dharwad district college’s paper published in UGC sponsored National conference LIBTRANS 2014 organised by Anne Besant Evening College Mangalore. On 22nd and 23rd Aug 2014.
4. Best practices as practised in Kittel Arts college library Dharwad: A case study paper published in UGC sponsored National conference LIBTRANS 2014 organised by Anne Besant Evening College Mangalore. On 22nd and 23rd Aug 2014.
5. Presented paper entitled
1) First grade college library’s collection development policy and procedure: An analytical study.
2) LIS professionals and performance appraisal: A study of First grade colleges of North Karnataka in the 6th KSCLA international conference at Hubli on 9th and 10th Oct 2015.
6. Presented paper “Role of Librarian in 21st century-an over view”, and published in International Journal of Innovative practice and applied research. Vol-9 special Issue-14, Oct-Dec 2019.
Articles Published in Journals
01) Vijaykumar Mulimani and Rajesh N Turamari Knowledge dissemination of public library to formal and non formal SC, ST and OBC students of solapur district a comparative study. Published in Indian Journal of Library and Information Technology. Vol-1 Issue-2, April-June 2011.
02) Ramesh Kuri and Rajesh Turamari “Comparative Study of Search engines. Published in Indian Journal of Library and Information Technology. Vol-1 Issue-3 July-Sept 2011.
03) Mruityunjay Kotur, Vijaykumar Nayak and Rajesh N Turamari Challenges in knowledge management in libraries. Published in Indian Journal of Library and Information Technology. Vol-2 Issue-1Jan-March 2012.
04) Rajesh N Turamari and Dr K. Chinnasamy “Library and Information Service Personnel’s towards professional development. Published in Indian Journal of Library and Information Technology. Vol-3 Issue-4 Oct-Dec 2013.
5) Shivanad D Bulla, Dr. S.V. Shenvi, Shri Rajesh N Turmari open source software for digital library: with special reference to Ganesha Digital Library software Published in Indian Journal of Library and Information Technology. Vol-5 Issue-4 Oct – Dec 2015.
6) Dr. Rajesh Turmari, Satish Naikar Use of 24/7 hours reading room facility in Prof. S. S. Basavanal library by the users: A study Published in Indian Journal of Library and Information Technology. Vol-3 Issue-4 Oct – Dec 2018.
1) Worked as a secretary of Karnataka state college librarians association from 2016 to 2019.
2) Working as a vice President of Karnataka state college librarians association from 2019 to till date.
3)Participated as a resource person in Training camp for Gram panchayat librarians organised by Public library Haveri from 28-11-2017 to 30-11-2017.
4) Participated as a resource person in workshop for High school teachers organised by District Education and Training institute Dharwad from 30-10-2019 to 06-11-2019.
5) Guidance for library management service to CEDOK Dharwad.
6) Guidance for library management service to Kittel Science College Dharwad.
LIBRARY AT GLANCE
· Library is fully automated with library software version 16.2 multilingual with bar code technology.
· LAN (Local Area Network) facility is provided in the library
Library Website: www.kittelartslibrary.com
Department of library and information centre is having an individual website.
Features of website:
· About the college information.
· Library tour.
· Links provided for E-books.
· E-news papers.
· Web OPAC.
· Digitised old question papers etc.
Sources of the Library:-
1) Total no. of Books – 28,783
2) Total no. of Text Books – 17,593
3) Total no. of Reference Books – 11,190
4) News papers - 06
5) Magazines - 10
6) Journals - 02
Kittel Bhandar is a special attraction of users in the library, rare collection of books written by the great lexicographer Dr. Ferdinand Kittel’s kannada English dictionary, research articles, manuscripts preserved in the library. These sources are very helpful for research scholars.
2) Calibre E-books management.
3) Audio visual library services.
1) Home issue book service.
2) Reference book service.
3) UGC book bank service.
4) SC/ST students, physically challenged students special book service.
5) News papers and magazines service.
6) Back volumes service.
7) Old Question Papers Service.
Best Practice of the Library
1) Prize for Best Library User for final year students.
2) T.V is connected to the computer and display of presentations
a) Thought for the day.
b) New arrivals.
c) Job opportunity for students.
d) Display of Rank Holder photos.
e) Important notices.
f) Presentation to the students on various topics.
Net work Resource Centre:
Free Net work resource Centre for students to access the electronic resources.
Internet BSNL: Bandwidth available of internet connection 200 mbps FTTH.
1) User Orientation Programme Conducted every year for students.
2) N-List awareness programme.
Live Central budget session direct relay display for students.
Inter Library Loan facility: Inter library loan facility with the colleges
1) Kittel Science College Dharwad
2) C.S.I. College of commerce Dharwad
3) Anjuman Arts Science and Commerce College Dharwad.