CSI, KND, BMHECs
KITTEL ARTS COLLEGE, DHARWAD
Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR)
2.6.1 Program outcomes, program specific outcomes and course outcomes for all programs offered by the institution are stated and displayed on website of the institution
1. Programme Outcomes of B.A Programme
The programme target is to be produce ideal students who can reflect upon changing needs of the society and special attention to be paid to overall development of personality of the child. On successful completion of semester based three years degree in Arts students will be able to:
1. Content Analysis.
2. Effective Citizen Ethics.
3. Realization of human values
4. Sense of Social Service.
5. Responsible and dutiful citizen.
6. Effective Communication
7. Self Directed learning.
8. Creative and Critical ability.
9. Time and Space Since.
9. Ability of Sensitivity
10. Self Employment
Programme Specific Outcomes
Programme Specific Outcomes are listed below on subject wise
1. Students have an ability of understanding the concept, Process, Scope of education, Philosophical foundations of education and Human Psychology, from childhood to adulthood.
2. They developed an ability to know the philosophical foundations of various theories of Education, and perceive the society meaningfully.
3. They have the ability to understand the historical development of Indian Education through the ages.
4. They have the knowledge about major Issue faced by Indian Education at various level and stages of Education and the trends of Indian Education.
5. They are acquainted with the knowledge of basics of research, how to undertake different researches.
6. Students are equipped with the fundamental of statistics – how to calculate
M.A, C.A and I.Q.
7. They understand the tools and Techniques of Education.
8. They have the ability to apply various teaching- learning aids in classroom situation.
9. They have the ability to construct and develop curriculum in accordance with the society’s requirement.
10. They have a thorough knowledge of the Educational history of the world.
1. Understand the Concept, Process and Scope of Education
2. Gain the knowledge of different Life Skills
3. Comprehend the Classical and Contemporary aims of Education
4. Understand the Philosophical bases of Education
5. Gain the knowledge of different School Subject
6. Understand the influence of different Ideologies on Education; and appreciate the contributions of great thinkers.
7. Understand the interdependence between Education and Society
8. Appreciate the role and responsibility of State and Social agencies of education
9. Understand the need of Socialization Process
10. Gain the knowledge of Educational Technology.
11. Appreciate the role of Education in Promoting National Integration and International Understanding
12. Understand the interrelationship between Education and Psychology
13. Gain the knowledge of different stages of human development.
14. Understand the role of heredity and environment in human development.
15. Understand the need and importance of Intelligence and Emotional Intelligence.
16. Understand the theories of Intelligence and Emotional Intelligence.
17. Understand the process and factors influencing on Learning
18. Understand the factors influencing on Personality development.
19. Gain the knowledge of different theories of Learning and Personality
20. Apply the knowledge of information process in developing integrated personality
21. Understand the concept, types, theories and Strategies of Motivation.
22. Appreciate the need and importance of Guidance programme.
23. Understand the influence of different Ideologies and thoughts on Education; and appreciate the contributions of western thinkers.
24. Understand the Contributions of Jean Jacques Rousseau’s on modern education.
25. Understand the theory and thoughts of Pestalozzi
26. Gain the knowledge of Froebel’s Kindergarten and its significance.
27. appreciate the contributions of Maria Montessori
28. Comprehend the Educational Philosophy of John Dewey
29. Understand the Concept and Ideals of Vedic Education
30. Understand the Principles and Forms of Educational Institutions.
31. Appreciate the Structure and functions of Gurukulas’
32. Understand the significance of Educational Rituals.
33. Gain the knowledge of Curriculum and Methods of teaching.
34. Understand the value of Common cultural Heritage.
35. Understand the significance of Unity in Diversity
36. Gain the knowledge of Rights and Duties of Indian citizen
37. Understand the Concept and Classification of Research.
38. Understand the Characteristics of Good Research.
39. Gain the knowledge of Historical, Descriptive and Experimental Research
40. Understand the influence of different Ideologies and thoughts on Education; and appreciate the contributions of Indian thinkers.
41. Understand the Outstanding Contributions of Basaveshwara to the Society and Education
42. Understand the Classical thoughts of Swami Vivekananda on Religious, Mass and Women’s education.
43. Gain the knowledge of Tagore’s Vishwabharati and its significance.
44. Appreciate the Significant contributions of Mahatma Gandhi to the education.
45. Comprehend the Educational Philosophy of Sri.Aurobindo
46. Understand the Controversy between Occidental and Oriental’s
47. Understand the Macaulay’s Minute and its Results
48. Understand the Wood’s Despatch of 1854 and Its Impact on Educational Growth
49. Appreciate the major recommendations of Indian Education Commission of 1882.
50. Understand the Educational Policy of Lord Curzon and Government resolution of 1904
51. Appreciate the Sri Gopal Krishnan Gokhale efforts for compulsory primary education
52. Gain the knowledge of Calcutta University Commission of 1917
53. Understand the Growth of Education under Diarchy
54. Understand the recommendations of Dr. Philip Hartog Committee of 1929
55. Understand the Growth of Education under Provincial Autonomy
56. Appreciate the major recommendations of Wood and Abbott Committee 0f 1937
57. Understand the Wardha Scheme of Education (1937)
58. Understand the Sargent Report on Education
59. Understand the Short Cummings and Achievement
60. Understand the Growth of Education during the X Five year plans.
61. Appreciate the Growth of Primary, Secondary and University education
62. Understand the National Policy on Education -1968 and 1986
63. Understand the salient features of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
64. Understand the importance of Mooraji Desai Residential Schools, Central Schools, Sainik Schools
65. Understand the structure and functions of UGC, NCERT, NUEPA, CABE, NCTE,IGNOU.
66. Appreciate the State agencies of Education.
67. Gain the Knowledge of Human Rights Education, Distance education and Population Education
68. Understand the Aims, Objectives and Functions of Human resource development
69. Understand the Factors Influencing on effective communication
70. Understand the Need and Importance of Women Empowerment
71. Gain the knowledge of Strategies for empowering Women education
72. Appreciate the Special provision for Women
73. Understand the Concept and Importance of Human rights
74. Understand the Need and Importance of Environmental Education
75. Understand the Role of Government and Non-Governmental agencies in Environmental protection.
BA Basic I & II Sem
· Hosagannad Kavitegalu
· Hosagannad sannakategalu
· Lalita Prabhandhagalu.
· Kannada Novel – Kadali karpur.
B.A Basic III & IV sem
· Madya Kalin Kavya
· Kannada Drama-Chaja
· Pravasa Kathan – Pampayatre.
· Adunika Vachana sahitya
· Novel * Nagebarahagalu.
B.A MIL V & VI SEM
· Kathan Kavanagalu
· Vichar Sahitya
· Janapad sahitya and Ankana sahitya Sangraha.
· To enhance the skill of listening, speaking, Reading and creative writing.
· To enhance the knowledge of sentence structure and improve vocabulary.
· To understands literacy languages.
· To understand the socio-cultural background of Kannada literature.
· To know the all forms of Kannada language
Department of Psychology
Programme out Come
To introduce students to the basic concepts of the field of psychology with an of an emphasis an applications of psychology in everyday life.
To unable the students to understand the applications of psychology to different fields and around development of personality and assessment of personality, around development of personality is constantly going in every walk of our life.
The Moto of the department is to know the trader of the individual and make them to adjust with environment. The mental health is the essence of the day, is the direction of the department will strive hard to bring the balance between social life and individual life. To achieve their department does the counseling to the students to psychological problems.
· Students often completing their graduation they will be able to work in the organization and with the counselors.
· Ability to work effectively diverse in teaching field an organisational field process.
· The students are trained in different courses like Stress Management, Time management, Communication skills, Organisation behaviour, Counselling, Industrial exposure etc.
· They also find employment in government private industries and NGO’s under psychologist and psychiatry and Mental hospital.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME: 1) Students understand from subjects:
· General Psychology
· Social psychology
· Child psychology
· Developmental psychology
· Clinical psychology
· Abnormal psychology
· Counselling psychology
The complete course of three year syllabus of degree the students are oriented are intended to bring out the potentiality to the optimum level. So that the individual and the society in their direction are achieving the excellence by developing the potentiality of the students is our Moto.
The students not only read the theoretical part and theory whatever the it been thought and the portion is been through the practical is been also conducted and the students are also been explained with the fundamentals of statistics, how to calculate:
· Standard deviation
· T test
· How to write journals
· How to face interview
· How to conduct practical.
Department of Sociology
Programme out Come:
1. Sociology gives a comprehensive knowledge of Human society.
2. It helps to develop a critical approach towards the social world.
3. It enlightens the students regarding major social institutions.
4. It helps the students to make an objective study of social problems.
5. Sociological knowledge is essential in social planning and policy making.
6. Sociology helps in changing social attitudes.
7. Sociology has created various types of job opportunities in Industries, social welfare department, public health.
The course will help the students to understand the fundamental concepts and perspectives in sociology.
1. Estimate the significance of social processes in social life.
2. Assess the importance of culture.
3. The course will help the students acquaint with the Indian Social thought and Western Social thought.
4.The course will help the students to learn Research methodology.
1. Integrated knowledge of the society.
2. Development of skill necessary for employment.
3. The study of Indian and Western Social thinkers help the students to enhance their knowledge on different theories, which are helpful in the practical life.
DEPARTMENT OF HINDI
On completion of B.A (Hindi) students are able to understand the basic concept and subject of Hindi and its origin.Students seeking admission for B.A. programme are acquainted to imbue them in their future life to achieve the expected goals.
a) Realization of human values.
b) Sense of social service
c) Responsible and dutiful citizen.
d) Critical temper
e) Creativity ability
f) Relation between stories and society- the students gained knowledge about the relation between the socio-cultural condition of society and the short stories trough the collection of short stories text-standards wise. Relation with the socio cultural impacts registered in Hindi stories in different period.
g) Concept of various forms of prose: students gained knowledge about the various forms of prose like Nibhandh, Sansmaran, Rekhachitra, vyangyarachana, Naatak, Upanyas, Ekanki through their syllabus.
h) Knowledge of reality of middle class: The writers like PremachandYashpal, Nagarjun, Amrit Roy, SardarPurnsingh, Dr.Ramvilas Sharma, Dr.Devendranath Sharma etc., made an effort to highlight the mentality of middle class by depicting the actions and behaviour of the persons of middle class in their writings. The students got scope to gain knowledge about the reality of middle class expressed in the writings of progressive writers, as above.
i) Environmental consciousness:
j) The students gained knowledge about the concept of “ Paryavaran (Nature) and its role in making human life healthy through AdhunikKavita (Poems).
Programme specific outcome (Hindi)
1) On completion of B.A.(Hindi) students are able to understand the basic concept and subject of Hindi and its origin.
2) Through Hindi novels, plays and one act play students can understand our rich culture and heritage.
3) By learning Hindi students can improve their communication skills, help in securing jobs.
4) It also produces opportunities to maintain traditional aspects and flourishes, the learner to be National Friendly.
5) To understand various aspects of Hindi literature with anintention to new mode and direction.
6) To make an attempt in different areas and theory such as vocabulary.
7) To understand the literature more in a border areas.
8) To know about Hindi literature its root causes perspective and elaborating and understanding its philosophical methods of Hindi.
9) Evaluating the concept of Hindi from past to present through literature.
10) Develop knowledge of Literary forms.
11) Developing philosophy of life inspiring by the vision of eminent writers.
12) Gaining socio cultural consciousness.
13) Exploring , analysing and enriching the self-knowledge.
14) Developing skill of writing official letters and translating-in Functional Hindi
On completion of the above course students are able to :
1) Understand Chandhalankar, grammar.
2) Understand History of Hindi literature and its origin, concept, development till 20th century.
3) Understand origin of History, Hindi Language and its development.
4) Analyse the development of Khadiboli Hindi.
5) On completion of course students are able to understand the meaning concepts and importance of Translation.
6) Understandabout different official letters in Hindi at central government official work and its importance.
Paper-Linguistic Hindi Language
On completion of the course students are able to:
1) Understand the concept of Linguistic
2) Understand the different flows of Hindi Language(Rajbhasha, Rastrabhasha, SamparkBhasha).
3) Understand the importance of linguistic theory such as vocabulary.
4) Understand the different forms of Khadiboli ( Hindi, Urdu, Hindustani)
5) Understand the ancient and medieval period languages (Poetry).
History of Hindi Literature.
On completion of the course, students are able to
1) Understand identifying the dialects of Hindi language family.
2) Analyse the development of Kadiboli Hindi.
3) Understand the concept of History of Hindi/Literature.
4) Understand the basis of the classification of Hindi literature.
5) Understand the importance and basis of the names given to literature.
6) Understand the features of Adikal, Bhaktikal, Reetikal and socio-cultural and political condition of the period.
7) Study socio cultural & political background from AdhunikKal.
8) Use the literature to develop their social and moral sense in the life.
9) Know the various literary forms in same period.
10) Know the Importance of language.
C.S.I., K.N.D., B.M.H.E.C’s
KITTEL ARTS COLLEGE, DHARWAD
STUDENTS FEEDBACK ON INSTITUTION
Year : 2016-2017
Scale : Five point Scale (Very Good, Good, Average, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory)
Overall Result : Satisfactory
Sample Taken : Hundred three students were randomly selected